Vacancy: All-round tree nursery assistant
Can you imagine yourself walking in a field, planting new trees or lifting young plants to fulfil customer orders? Then do read on! We have a great job opening for you.
What is the job about?
As all-round nursery assistant at Boomkwekerijen C.A.M. Poppelaars, you have a varied job. One moment you’re working indoors, grading trees or assembling orders. The next you find yourself outdoors, in the field, driving a tractor or on foot, for making root-balls, lifting plants or planting new trees.
You’ll be working with a close-knit team of hard-working colleagues, who enjoy having fun too. You usually work Monday to Friday, from 7:30 to 17:00, but if it’s busy, we work longer hours.
What do we expect from you?
- You like learning new things
- You understand plants: you’re a fast learner and you like to think one step ahead
- You have a category B driving licence
- You have a tractor driving licence (or are willing to get one)
- It’s great if you already have some agricultural experience. If you don’t, but you would like to switch to our flourishing sector – feel free to apply!
- You’re available for 40 hours a week
- You live in the Breda area
What do we have to offer you?
- Working in the great outdoors. You’ll easily walk those 10,000 steps a day!
- You’ll be working with the latest techniques and equipment
- Varied work, you’re an all-rounder, after all
- Plenty of typical Brabant fun and humour
- Colleagues you can depend on
- A salary in line with the Open Cultivation Industry CLA, reflecting your age and experience
About Boomkwekerijen C.A.M. Poppelaars
At our nursery we grow a range of hedging plants including Fagus, Carpinus, Prunus and Ligustrum. Our family business is run by Martijn and Marlieke Poppelaars. You’ll find our nursery at the Weimersedreef 25 in Prinsenbeek. We’ve been cultivating here on our 40 hectares of land for 40 years. We supply wholesalers, garden centres, landscape gardeners and other tree nurseries in the Netherlands and abroad.